White Bbq sauce Mac and Cheese
White BBQ sauce, Beyond Meat ground beef and macaroni make this a dish with the comfort of childhood but all grown up.
Your new favourite way to eat your favourite classic: White Bbq Sauce plant based Mac & Cheese with beyond meat ground beef - Your dishes will be exploding in flavour thanks to ingredients like white bbq sauce, roasted garlic cloves & apple cider vinegar
Each recipe is plant-based, vegan and gluten free.
- 10-12 ounces gluten-free macaroni
- 4 Tbsp olive
- 12 cloves garlic, (4 cloves yield ~2 Tbsp)
- 4 1/2 Tbsp arrowroot starch*
- 2 cups oat milk
- ~1/4 tsp each sea salt and pepper
- 5 Tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1/2 cup vegan parmesan cheese
- 1 lbs of beyond meat ground
- 1 cup white bbq sauce
- Bring roughly 10 cups (2400 ml // use more or less if altering batch size) water to a boil in a large pot and salt generously. Once boiling, add pasta and stir to prevent noodles from sticking. Cook according to package instructions (usually about 8-10 minutes). Once fully cooked, drain and set aside.
- In the meantime, begin preparing sauce. Heat a large, oven-safe skillet over medium heat. Once hot, add oil and fresh garlic. Stir and cook for 1-2 minutes, Immediately add arrowroot starch and whisk – cook for 1 minute.
- Slowly add oat milk while whisking, then cook for 2 minutes over medium heat, stirring frequently. The sauce will likely look a little clumpy. We’re going to blend it.
- Transfer mixture to a blender
- Next add salt and pepper, nutritional yeast, and vegan parmesan cheese and blend on high until creamy and smooth, scraping down sides as needed.
- Return sauce back to skillet from earlier and cook over low heat until warmed and slightly thickened – about 2-3 minutes – whisking occasionally. As it warms back up, it will thicken and get super cheesy
- Add cooked, drained pasta to the sauce and toss to coat. Then top with 1 more Tbsp vegan parmesan cheese
- Add to a hot pan olive oil, the beyond meat ground and 2 cups of white bbq sauce. Cook until internal temperature of 165 °F.
- Add beyond meat to the pasta and mix well.